This is a sacred time between you and God. Fasting is not just about the food. Focusing on the food defeats your specific purpose for fasting. Focus on God while seeking his guidance.
Things to Consider While Fasting
- Avoid secular television and radio programs.
- Give up social media or anything that would be a sacrifice for you personally.
- Pray. Your days should be filled with unselfish prayer. During the fast, increase the frequency of your daily prayer time by a factor of three or more.
- Reserve time with God during the day by studying the Bible.
- Seek the Lord diligently for the answers to your prayers.
- Ask God for guidance in your life.